Etiquette plays an important role in the success of a person in the modern work environment.
- Always greet a person with smile and wish them by their name.
- Use these expressions like ‘Please’,’Thank you’,’Sorry’,’May I..’
- Don’t have this habit of arriving late and leaving early.
- Keep your voice low.
- Never use company’s phone for personal purposes.
- Set a professional ringtone for your phone.
- Don’t gossip about your colleagues.
- Follow the dress code.
- Always lend a helping hand be it even a smallest job.
- If there is a cubical convention,if you want to enter the cubicle knock gently on the partition and avoid inter-partition conversations.
- Always keep a scribbling pad on your phone table.
- Note the points to be discussed before calling.
- Never go directly into the matter.Greet them before moving on to the matter.
- Talk politely and gently.
- Be a good listener and wait for the person to finish talking.
- First select a restaurant which matches your taste.
- Never snap your fingers to call the waiter.Talk to him in a low tone.If you are in a group avoid talking loudly as it might disturb others there.
- Avoid burping.
- Never stretch across for a dish. Ask for it to be passed.
- Bring food to your mouth, not vice versa.
- Do not crack laugh or crack jokes while eating.
- Wipe your mouth with a napkin occasionally.
- Once the meal is done,place the fork and knife side by side at the center of the plate and the napkin on the left side.
- Plan the email adequately.Respond to emails precisely.
- Give your introduction.
- Always express a nice greeting in the end.
- Never type in capitals.It is equivalent to shouting.
- Don’t send a file with virus hoaxes and unsuitable attachment.
- Have a separate email-id for professional and personal purposes.